We are a small family foundation. We help others by supporting crime victims’ rights programs and providing unique programs like the ones below:
- The Laptops for Leaders initiative has been funded from personal funds from the family, as well as donations and contributions from friends and supporters. This program has traditionally supported approximately 4 college bound students each year, since 2004 to the present.
- Continuing to enhance and build upon the existing endowed scholarships is also a challenge so that students can leverage the most from the funding to support their education. The personal stories of scholarship recipients have been beyond amazing with situations that range from children who fled war torn countries to disparaged families in our own communities.
- Continuing to develop new venues that support the various campaigns with Crime Victims’ Rights week in April and to support legislation or provide platforms for them to be heard and understood. The voices of the victims and survivors are often times drowned out or ignored by our judicial system through legal proceedings, and the people who have been harmed have no means of influencing, being heard, or remembered.
- Maintaining and perpetuating new forums for the Trees of Remembrance event hosted during the holidays for the survivors and victims of crime. It is important to gather and let their voices be heard in our courthouses and other public venues.
- Creation of additional fund-raising events for inclusion in the annual calendar is a focus for the future, as well.